Saturday 15 June 2013

Samples.......Every-One Loves Em!


Samples.......Every-One Loves Em!

As the title suggests am sure every-one loves samples. I am a massive fan of the whole “try before you buy” concept. I have been lucky enough to collect a few samples over the last few months so I decided to share my experiences with you. Without delay let’s get started...........

¬  Perfect Hands Intense Moisture by This Works  (30ml)



A fan of rich hand creams I was eager to try this and thankfully was not disappointed. A creamy rich lotion that is gentle on the hands, not oily or greasy and smells really nice – that is how I would describe this hand cream. With rose, mimosa and musk mallow this combination of ingredients combine to form a moisturising creams that leaves the skin soft and the your hands in good condition. I like it!

¬  Brightening Hand Cream by L’Occitane (15ml)



The second of my sample hand creams, this lotion is lighter in consistency in comparison to the lotion mentioned above. It is practically odourless, white in colour and glides evenly onto the skin. It contains ingredients that brighten the skin and gives a slight glow. It is not oily or greasy (a characteristic which is so important or I end up dropping everything). My skin was soft and really smooth after use. I have tried lots of L’Occitane products but I have to say I really like this one and would buy a full size for my hand bag.

¬  Eight Hour Cream by Elizabeth Arden  (7ml)


Often described as the magic cream I was again eager to try this product. My first impression was the smell. It is rather strong but you can get by this. The consistency is very rich; it is almost like a thick oil liquid/lotion. I used it to sooth my skin after getting my eye brows waxed. It worked perfectly. I have used it on chapped lips – it worked really well. I also used it on a break out (a rather nasty one let me add) and yes it worked well. Over all my experience has been positive and I could do with a little tube of this lotion tucked away for emergencies.

¬  Nip and FAB Mango Smoothie  - Dry Skin Fix Body Butter  (50 ml)


Oh the smell! It is just amazing – if it was a desert it would be my favourite. This product was one that I simply did not want to finish. Once again it is a rich lotion but this time it is for the body. It glides on to the skin, soaks in immediately, leaves the skin really moisturised and smelling great. What else could you ask for in a body lotion? I defiantly will be purchasing a full size of this product.  I am excited to see and smell the other varieties.

¬  Aroma Cleanse Exfoliating Cream by Declor


Always on the lookout for good skincare products I have tried a few products from Declor and found some great and some not so great! This Exfoliating Creams works by applying it all over the skin, letting it dry for a minute or two and then gently rubbing it off with a face cloth. It smells really nice like all of the products from Declor and it does seem gentle on the skin. The effectiveness was the one issue I was not so sure about. I like a gritty exfoliating product and this product was not like that. My skin was fresh and clean and somewhat exfoliated but I am not running out to purchase the full size product!

¬  Deep Sleep Pillow Spray by This works (5ml)


I have tried the shower gel and the balm products in this range and did like them so was super excited to try this spray. It smells so good! As a fan of lavender I found this spray to be fresh and relaxing. It does last a while on your pillow which is nice. Whether is aided me in a good night’s sleep this I am not fully sure of but I have enjoyed using it and have been sleeping a little better. I like it as a room spray and would consider purchasing the full size product.

¬  Revitalizing Supreme Global Anti Aging Cream by Estee Lauder (15ml)


I like to use a rich night cream as part of my skin care routine and this little gem is perfect. I cleansed, toned and used my serum before applying this cream. I really like it so much so I have actually bought a new full size of this product. It moisturises the skin leaving it soft, polished looking and after using it for a week or so I found my skin to be plumper. As for the anti-aging element well I do live in hope that is successful in doing its magic. Overall I found this cream to be gentle and effective so what more could you ask for in your skin care.

¬  Optimiser Style Reviver by Richard Ward (50ml)


Volume – glorious volume I simply love it! Spraying this product on your roots it is hoped that this volume is achieved and you can restyle your hair to your heart’s content. This is partially true from my experience. It does lift your hair from the roots but I found it left my hair a little sticky. (I have long hair and lots of it!) This product is great for restyling your hair and creating an up style but maybe not so good for your hair if you plan on leaving it flowing freely. I prefer a lighter formula.

¬  Yogi Flow Indian Rose and Sweet Almond Oil Foaming Shower Gel Sensations  by Rituals (50 ml)


My very favourite bath time/shower time products come from Rituals. I love every product I have tried and simply cannot get enough of them this little shower gel sensations smells amazing, leaves the skin soft and cleansed and is so handy as a foaming spray as it gives you the perfect  amount every time. One thing I love about this range of products is that your shower or bathroom is left smelling amazing for ages after you use it. I have purchased this product in a full size and I am sure I will be repurchasing it again and again – I think it’s pretty clear how much I ADORE all Rituals products.

¬  Collagen and Aloe Vera Hydro Mask by Etre Belle (1 mask)


This is a material mask which is steeped in product which you apply directly onto the skin, sit back, relax and let it do its magic. The mask does contain a lot of product and it is super easy to apply. I used it while I was having a bath as I hoped the steam would open my pores and the magic mask would be effective. The mask itself was nice! It did hydrate my skin and left my skin soft. I am not a fan of the material mask so I think I prefer using my liquid masks but this was different and easy to use.

¬  Deep Repair Masque by Macadamia (30ml)


I honestly expected this mask to be so different then what it was. I expected it to very rich and to leave my hair oily and heavy but from my experience the exact opposite happened! I love this hair mask and have repurchased it and the matching shampoo. My hair was soft, silky and really conditioned. It added bounce and my hair was so healthy looking and feeling. I really enjoyed using it and highly recommend this hair product.

¬  Pro Collagen Marine Cream by Elemis (15ml)


This cream is a fantastic day cream. It is rich, moisturising and extremely gentle on your skin. It is perfect for a make-up base or to give your skin a little glow if you prefer the natural look. It has powerful anti aging properties like algae and ginkgo balboa rose. It is fragrance free and gentle on the skin. I used it in the mornings and my skin felt so good. The only issue I have with this product is the lack of SPF.

I REALLY enjoy using sample products as they really do allow you to try before you buy. I find that if you ask the kind assistant at many of the various cosmetic counters in department s stores, drug stores/chemists or spas for sample products they often oblige and treat you to one or two. At first I felt awkward doing this but then I realised I was purchasing products on a fairly regular basis so why not ask for a few freebies! After all if you like it there will be no stopping you purchasing the full size product.
Have you tried any samples of products you loved and had to purchase? Please do leave a comment sharing your experiences.
Have a lovely weekend and hope the sun is shining where ever you are.

XOXO



2 comments:

  1. Those are some gorgeous samples! I bought a full-size eight hour cream after trying it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, its really one of those products u can just use for so many things handy to have for sure. I love samples its how I have found some of my fav products

      xoxo

      Delete