Wednesday 19 June 2013

New Mascara's and Me


New Mascara's and Me 
The mega plush volume express Mascara by Maybelline
I have long been a fan of the Falsies Mascara by Maybelline New York. So I was super excited to try this Newbie .  The packaging is quite similar to other mascaras offered by Maybelline.  The wand is quite large and has a very soft brush. There is a flexibility to the wand that I have not seen before. 


At first I found this to be a little difficult to control but after a little practise it is actually really handy when trying to reach smaller more hidden lashes. It is great for use on the bottom lashes. The consistency of this mascara is really light and it does not feel clumpy or hard on the lashes. A combination of this consistency and the wand allow for good application, the achievement of volume and the separation of the lashes which adds overall volume. I found that this mascara did not smudge or run but was easy to remove. Overall bit a bad mascara at all, one which I will continue to use. 



L'oreal False Lash Flutter Mascara 


As I have mentioned a few times in various blog posts one if my all time favourite mascara comes from the land of L'oreal - the million lash range so again I was excited to use this product.  Presented in shiny sliver packaging it is inviting to use. The wand is similar in many ways to the traditional million lash range with one exception - there is a modified edge which allows for the "flick" butterfly effect when applying the mascara. The effectiveness of the modification is, in my opinion, is a little disappointing . I was expecting volume themed with a fluttering effect. There is volume but the flutter effect is very subtle. 



The consistency is good as always with L'Oreal and the mascara does kit budge just as I like it! It's black black - again as I like it.
Overall this mascara is good but not great as I had hoped. The idea if fluttering butterfly lashes is fantastic I just did not feel this mascara achieved it to the extent I hoped. I do love L'Oreal mascara a d will always have my carbon black million lash mascara in my makeup bag. 



I am always in search of mascara - it's my most treasured makeup product! Please do leave a comment below telling me your favourite a x why! 

Hope you are having a great week! 

xoxo 

4 comments:

  1. I recently did a post which had a mascara included but I love the look of these too, the maybelline brush looks so cool but as I'm a makeup artist I have to use disposable wands so no point me buying this for the brush as couldnt use it..is the mascara worth getting even though I couldn't use the brush?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, Thanks for Comment! I think it is worth trying! It is a good mascara in so far as it provides good coverage and volume, it does not clump or run and it is relatively inexpensive (approx 7e)I have just tried it with a disposable wand there to check and it went on good.

      if you do try hope you like
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. I wanted to try Maybelline's Mega Plush Volume Express but was unsure if it was worth the buy. But after reading your review I have to check this one out!

    I'm now following you :) Can't wait to read more in the future!
    xoxo
    -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    Thank you so much for your lovely commend and the follow - I hope you enjoy my blog. Just been vising your blog also - great blog I am too ur new follower! This mascara is good and I do like it but I have to tell you if your investing in a mascara it is genuinely hard to beat "they're real" by benefit. prob the best mascara - check it out.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete