Sunday 21 April 2013

Happy Days and Shopping Spree's


Happy Days and Shopping Spree's

Today was a good day! Finally the sun showed its bright little face, if even only for a little while and was in constant conflict with the dreadful clouds trying their best to rain on my parade! It was decided a little day out was in order so popped in the car and off to Dublin we went. 


First stop was a stroll along the pier in Howth (east coast); despite the rain bluster of spring breeze it was so nice. We shared fish chowder and prawns – what else can you so at the coast only have some fabulous fish! We even got a little lost in the whole romance of things and had a little trip on a horse drawn carriage. Simply put I loved it! Good company (I like to think my boyfriend is rather dishy (“,)), a nice relaxing day, tasty nibbles and the best bit to come.........a little shopping! 


We decided to pop into Brown Thomas Department Store in the heart of the city on the way home. This is a Mecca for me. It is a shop of luxury, the home of many designer brands, goodies and delights. All you have to do is stand aside and let the door man open the gold rimmed doors (YES there is a door man) to be greeted with an aroma of fine perfumes, lotions, leather and just fabulousness! Any way in short I had many moments of weakness and treated myself to few products! I probably or defiantly went a little over budget but hey what is a girl to do! 

So my treats included 

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Fiji – I mentioned in previous posts how much of a fan I am of this foundation. I have been using one shade lighter than this. Seeing as the season has changed and we live in hope of sunny days this shade will be perfect if I acquire a tan is it from the sun or a bottle! 

NARS Highlighter in Copacabana – I am loving the highlighted or illuminated look and I have read so many great reviews of this little stick of magic! It had to be mine! 

MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast – I have been in search of a concealer/highlighter for under the eye and again positive reviews lead me here. 

Mac Eye Shadow in Quart – This purchase was in response to a separate purchase a few weeks ago where I purchased Mac Eye Shadow in Sketch. I wanted a smoky eye look that was not browns or black/greys and I just loved Sketch. It belongs to the velvet collection and it is a burgundy with a delicate red shimmer. I wanted a lighter shade to blend for a day to night wear. For this reason I choose Quart. Quart is a soft muted matt brown shade. I also love to add Rose Pigment to Sketch so am sure this will be a fabulous trio! 

Molton Brown Shower Gel in Patchouli and Saffron – Smells so good, fresh, summery and like all Molton Brown products will leave skin so soft. 

I cannot wait to start using these little treats. I realise once again I went a little over budget so I am imposing a cosmetic’s spending ban on myself!! I shall start with 1 month. So from tonight I vow to not purchase any cosmetics or make up! Oh difficult I know – whish me luck! 


Hope you had a lovely week end and thanks for reading this post. Here is to next weekend already, may it bring lots of fun. 

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment