Wednesday 3 April 2013

Archie's Girls Collection By MAC



 Archie's Girls Collection By MAC 

 
It is no surprise what so ever that I am a fan of MAC Cosmetics. I genuinely look forward to special or limited edition collections.  I have developed a little habit of treating myself to one or two items from the collection if I find exciting products, which I always so. I really liked this year’s holiday collection Have a lookies here  and again I found a few exciting products in the recent “Archie’s Girls” collection now available in MAC stores.

This limited edition collection is designed with a battle for “Archie’s” affections in mind, the battle being between a vampy seductive lady who wears deep rich tones of purples and reds and the girl next door all pretty in pink and pastels. For me this contrast within the collection means that the products have longevity – the paler tones of pink and peach are perfect for the spring/summer season where as the darker shades in the Veronica collection will carry you through to autumn. The collection may be limited edition but it does have the power to become a long term addition to your make up collection.  I picked up a few items from the collection. 
My Choices tended to center round the Betty collection – I think the reason for this was the fact that I purchased my items around the turn of the season and I was longing for summer and lightness.

  • Pearlmate Face Powder in Flatter Me 

 

I love the limited edition face powder’s that come with these collections. I recently was genuinely gutted when I broke my beauty powder from the Glitter and Ice Collection (Stupid as I am dropping my clutch on a night out).  So I was glad to try this product out. This powder combines pearlized and satin shades. It is rich and slightly creamy in texture which means it is a dream to apply to the face. It is highly pigmented so works perfectly as a blush (the peachy/pink embossed hearts are a fabulous shade for a bright and fresh blush) or as a delicate yet effective highlighter (the lighter tone is so pearly). I have also used it as an eye shadow using a 217 brush simply swept across my lids. I just know I will use this powder lots. The limited edition packaging is also quite nice and the mirror compact is always useful.

  •   Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in Black Swan 
 


I have been moving away from the black liquid eyeliner of late just moving towards a smokier eye for night time looks and softer liner look for day wear. I have enjoyed using the Pro Longwear Eyeliner so treated myself one of these limited edition eyeliners from the collection. These liners provide rich pigmented long lasting eyeliner with a little touch of shimmer and sparkly that seems to just open the eye up. It literally glides on and so easy to apply, easy to create a defined liner looks or smudged look to complete a smoky eye. The limited edition packaging is so cute; it reminds me of colouring pencils I used in Primary School!

  • Betty Lipglass
I really like the lipglass range in general and again the products in various collections have always been really nice, for example I loved the lipglass collection from the Hey Sailor Collection I have just finished the nude lipglass so of course I had to have two shades!

1.      Stay Sweet
This little gem is tinted with pink and is so glossy it literally shines. The colour is rich enough for me to wear on its own or it can be teamed with a lipstick to add shine (I have my eye on MAC’S Angle lippy at the mo as a perfect partner for this gloss) and is looks really well with the face powder above.


2.      Summer Sweetheart
A glossy peach packed with shine this is very on trend. It is really pigmented for me to wear solo. I love to team this shade with a coral blush and nude mascara loaded eyes!  I really wanted the lipstick that accompanied this shade (Betty Bright) but unfortunately I was not the only person who longed for it as it sold out really fast in Dublin. I will just have to keep an eye to see if this shade makes it into the permanent collection of lipsticks.
 

There were a few other products in this collection I would have liked but I am happy with my lot look forward to the next collection and the treats that it may contain. The collection is still on offer in MAC Stores and I recommend a look at it does contain a great range of shades.

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. All these products look great, especially the face powder and the summer sweetheart lip glass. I'm a huge fan of mac but don't have any limited edition items!
    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog btw Judith it's much appreciated, though the comment seems to have been deleted somehow! (not by me I promise ha)

    http://hollslucy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how versatile the face powder is! Thanks for reviewing these. :)

    ReplyDelete