Tuesday 26 March 2013


New Season  means New Looks !


As a lover of all things cosmetics and beauty related I have been glued to many a magazine, article and media sources that have been reporting on all the up and coming looks for Spring/Summer 2013. As a result of my studious efforts I have put together a little go-to guide for my makeup, hair and nails look for the coming seasons. Once again let me tell you I am by no means an expert but I just love to watch the trends and have the greatest of fun attempting to recreate what I see while adding my own little twist to things. In this post I would love to share with you make up guide comprising of the products I am using at the moment.
The Face


Fresh, flawless and effortlessly natural! This is look I am aiming to achieve this season. The words “effortless” and “natural” would lead one to believe that not a whole lot of products are involved. Well unfortunately I find this to be to less than true – or maybe that is just for me.
The aim is to achieve a glow – a healthy looking face with perfect skin that is illuminated. Essentially I want to create a makeup look that does not look like I am wearing makeup!
Cheeks are to display a delicate hint of rose for pink tones or peachy fresh for coral tones, all the time staying true to the objective of captivating the fresh faced look.
Products I am trying to achieve these looks with.
Foundations
·         Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation
·         NARS Sheer Glow Foundation
Concealer
·         The undercover pot by Laura Mercier
This little pot seems to have everything you need to blend away the imperfections. I am new to this product so will follow up with a more comprehensive review in a few weeks.
Blusher
·         Rimmel Wake Me UP Instant Radiant Touch in Radiant Rose or Shimmer Sand
·         Mac Mineralise Blush in Dainty
·         NARS blush in Orgasm
Highlighter
·         DIORSKIN NUDE SHIMMER Instant Illuminating Powder – love this highlighter it is light and really natural looking.

Bronzer
·         NARS Laguna – a classic and a favourite

Brows
The look to achieve with the brows at the moment is a look that is strong and full but also natural. The best way to achieve this (for me anyway) is through the use of an angled brush and an eye shadow or a brow powder.
I am brunette so it is not too difficult to find my shade

·         MAC Omega and Espresso shadow
·         Brow Sculptor by Tom Ford.
Eyes


Soft pastels, light metallic’s and blue aqua’s are the shades being advised. Eyes are to be bright and alive yet delicate all at the same time. I am not a big fan of the blues or aqua’s but I do love the natural nudes.
·         MAC pallet ( I choose these shades myself) omega, expresso, wedge, embark, - love these for my brows also.
·         Naked Pallet by Urban Decay
·         Rose Pigment by MAC
·         Vanilla Pigment by MAC – works also as a fabulous highlighter for under the brow bone or anywhere your heart desires.
Eyelashes are also a favourite and well a must for me to add that bit of extra to any look. Eyelashes that create an extra flutter and fullness are my ambition. Mascara a must!
·         Elyure will to continue to be my go to brand for all things eyelash related
·         They’re Real by Benefit or Flash Lash Flutter Mascara by L’Oreal
The inner eye highlighter is also a must have. I like to use the above mentioned Vanilla Pigment by MAC


Lips


Light shades with a delicate hint of shimmer are really nice to accompany any natural look. Peach, coral, pink or nude are all really nice lip colours and all a blast of colour.
·         Mac’s Archie collections
·         Revlon Lip Butter
I am yet to find my perfect Spring/Summer 2013 must have shade but watch this space!
Well there you have it, my tips on the products I am using at the moment to achieve the natural beauty look of the season. I am always on the lookout for tips, tricks and fabulous products so if you have any of the above please leave me a comment and share!! I love would love to hear them.

Hope you found this post helpful or at least a little interesting.
I am looking forward to following this post up with a similar seasons trends and my attempts for Hair and Nails ........so excited !!

Xoxo

 ****Just to let you know all the products I have mentioned in this post I have bought my self and I am using myself therefore my opinions and/or recommendations are based on my own experience ****


1 comment:

  1. thank you for your comment! follwing yiu on gfc :)

    ReplyDelete